JMU Alumni Board of Directors
For more than a century, James Madison University has been a place where students are transformed into citizens ready to change the world. Passionate JMU alumni contribute to the Madison Experience long after they graduate. They volunteer, serve on advisory councils, provide career guidance for students and give back to their alma mater.
Know an outstanding JMU alumni leader? Nominate them for a position on the JMU Alumni Association Board of Directors. Nominations for the 2017-18 board are now closed. Nominations are being accepted for the 2018-19 board.
- The board meets three times annually
- Directors participate in monthy conference calls
- Directors serve on board committees
- Directors are often asked to represent JMU at various events and are encouraged to promote the university and engage in alumni and development activities
- All active members of the JMU Alumni Association are eligible to serve as directors.
- Passionate about JMU
- Exhibit commitment to the university through financial support and volunteer service
- Demonstrate track record of professional achievement and/or civic involvement
- Exhibit outstanding leadership qualities
- Be devoted to advancing the university's work
- Able to actively participate and attend all board meetings and events
- Webinars and information
- Individuals interested in serving on the JMUAA Board of Directors must attend one of our webinars to learn more about the board and the roles of board members.
Individuals who are nominated must participate in an informational webinar before applying to the board. Nominees for the 2018-19 board will be contacted in December 2017 to sign-up for one of our informational webinars.
If you have questions concerning nominations contact the JMU Office of Alumni Relations at (540) 568-6234.
Please provide a brief statement detailing the nominee's qualifications to serve on the Board of Directors: